Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Amazing Race

               I needed to win this race.
     The prize was 500,000 dollars and I needed it I wanted the only hospital in the area to stay open.  
  It was torture to wait for the race to start, especially with everyone I know watching. 
    
      "BANG!"
    I started to sprint as soon as I heard the first gun shot.  I was going so fast, I did not even notice the audience panicking in the  stands.
   The other racers were getting closer.  The gunmen were starting to aim for the track.
 I could see the finish line,  then every thing went black. 
     
     When I woke up, I saw a picture of my hand passing the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Aunna I love the story line in that the prize for winning the race is going to a good cause. And what a twist in the story at the end! But what sounds like a happy ending after all. Really nice work using the prompt and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story.

    ReplyDelete