Monday, April 25, 2016

An Unexpected Twist

                " I know who did it!" I screamed after what seemed like hours of staring at a list of clues and suspects.
        "Who?" asked the chief detective.
        "You'll see!" I said before running out the door to the beach.
    Once there, I quickly told the volunteer in charge of cleaning the beach what happened.  A person was stealing bottles from the "litter" bin near the parking lot, probably to recycle and get money, and I knew how to confirm who.
     All I had to do was get some volunteers to disguise as recycle bins, and when the thief  came to look in them, we would arrest them.
     The thief came, but not in a way I expected....


4 comments:

  1. Your story was really interesting but, I think there should not two spaces between the word "thief" and "came" in the second last sentence. GOOD LUCK!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you meant to say "near the parking lot," instead of "near the paring lot,"
    Otherwise good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that you should use a different word than "said" in the third sentence because there is an exclamation point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Aunna,

    Well done! I enjoyed the way you led into the story and the inclusion of the bins. Would you believe I once wrote a short story for the exact same photo? I also wrote about the bins being a hiding place but chose an alien theme.

    You have used correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in your well structured crime drama. Your final unfinished sentence leaves the reading wondering what surprises might be ahead with the thief's arrival. I like mysteries. Again, well done.

    With your creative imagination and skill at writing, I hope you can continue entering the 100WC.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete