Friday, September 2, 2016

Alot can happen in 2 minutes...

             When this crowd started cheering for me it felt awesome, now its just annoying.
Its almost impossible to concentrate on playing basketball when every 2 seconds someone calls your name or tries to take your picture. 
           Normally, I ignore it, but today my team and I need to focus and win the money because if we don't, we might never play again. 
          2 minutes left.  The score is 8-7 and the crowd is even louder.   All my team has to do is defend for 2 more minutes.  
         The other team stole the ball.  The crowd sounds like they are booing.  8-9, and my team is barley moving.  I have to fix this.   The ball is in my hands, and I have a clear  shot. 
        Missed because of a picture.  30 seconds left.  10 seconds. 5 seconds.  I  think its going in and...

2 comments:

  1. Wow Aunna. This is a fantastic story. I love how you build up to the final few seconds... AND THEN! You leave us hanging!!!! I *need* to know what happens next. It sounds like the crowd were really supportivie - even if they did start to distract you. Well done. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunna,

    I loved the way you used the prompt this week, it was quite unexpected. You were very skilled at building a strong suspense in your story, which was only reinforced by the cliffhanger at the end. Well done, I hope you keep on writing such quality pieces for the 100 word challenge!

    All the best,
    Mrs Pratt (Team 100WC Australia).

    ReplyDelete