Friday, June 24, 2016

The Tomb of Treasures

      I was starting to get bored of following the tour guide around the outside of the pyramids, so I ran inside. 
    The first thing I saw was a wall covered in hieroglyphics with a door behind it.  I decoded the message using a translator the tour guide gave me, and immediately became curious.  The hieroglyphics translated to:  Beware! Those who enter this tomb never come out alive!
   Instead of "entering" the tomb, I opened the door and saw a huge pile of gold, jewels, and treasure chests.  I imagined what it would be like to have all I could see and sprinted over to take some.
The door slammed shut and suddenly the roof began to collapse...

1 comment:

  1. Aunna your story is so thrilling, and the ending so suspenseful - nice use of an ellipsis at the end to keep the suspense alive. I like the plot you have written, really great imagination in the setting of a tour group in the pyramids, and then lots of adventure to follow. Keep up the good work writing on the 100WC.

    ReplyDelete